In this video I show how to configure VMware ESXi and install the Debian operating system.
This video continues from my previous video about selecting the right server and installing VMware on it.
Note: Any hosting provider that offers VMware ESXi, “unlimited traffic”, 2x 2TB disks, and a relatively fast Internet connection (at a reasonable price) can be used.
– Changing the root password in vSphere (ESXi 5.5)
– Adding new datastores globally
– Uploading ISO files
– Creating virtual machines
– Setting up Internet/networking with OVH on VMware
– Installing Debian
– Fixing the interface configuration
– Adding nameservers manually
– Fixing the repository list (sources.list)
– Installing openssh-server
– Testing that the SSH server works
– VMware Clients: https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2089791
– OVH Failover IP Guide: https://binaryimpulse.com/2014/08/ovh-ip-failover-vm-configuration/
Stay tuned and subscribe for more upcoming videos showing actual hacks!